01 July 2008

Goodbye, Aidana




My roommate Aidana and I know that we have to say goodbye soon. After exams this week I’m leaving Lanzhou to travel, and Aidana is going back to Kazakhstan.

It always takes me a while to open up to people. I think of myself as outgoing and extroverted, but for me to share with others about my personal life is a different matter. I like my space and I make sure I have it. I feel like I’ve finally opened up to Aidana, though, and now I have to leave.

This past month we’ve had more fun than ever. We’ve had crazy dance parties in our room, we took funny pictures, we went shopping and out to eat together, and sometimes we would just talk.

Aidana is more than just my roommate; she’s my close friend.




“Things are changing/ It seems strange and I need to figure this out/ Yesterday we were laughing/ Today I’m left here asking/ ‘Where has all the time gone now?’/ I’m left alone somehow/ Growing up and getting older/ I don’t want to believe it’s over/ Don’t say goodbye/ ‘Cause I don’t want to hear those words tonight/ Maybe it’s not the end for you and I/ And although we knew this time would come for me and you/ Don’t say anything tonight if you’re going to say goodbye/ I wish we could be laughing/ Instead I’m standing here asking/ ‘Do we have to end this now?/ Can we make it last somehow?’/ We both know what we gotta say/ Not today/ ‘Cause I don’t want to leave this way/ And if it’s over/ It hurts but I’m giving you my word:/ I hope that you’re always happy like we were/ Happy like we were...”

~Skillet, Say Goodbye

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, I love Skillet! I just saw them at Alive and they were awesome! I didn't know their drummer was a woman! She's awesome! Lol.

I hope you have lots of fun traveling! I'm going to Chicago this coming week, then back to camp! Can't wait to see you in the fall!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU!!!! I miss you!!! I hope, that i can see you in a future, My best friend!!! WO AI NI!!!!