23 September 2009

Aidana

My roommate last time I was in Lanzhou is a girl from Kazakhstan named Aidana. Aidana is studying at another university in northern Lanzhou, so of course we decided to get together.

She surprised me one day by coming to my university in between my classes, and we had lunch together. We were so happy to see each other, and we had so much to catch up on.

I went to her university this past weekend and had a great time. Aidana’s boyfriend is from Korea and studies at her school. Even though I had just met her boyfriend, and Aidana and I haven’t seen each other for over a year, we all laughed and joked around like best friends. I guess we are!

Aidana’s boyfriend told me that Aidana has talked about me every single day for over a year. Once, Aidana was sick and he took care of her. But she cried and told him to go away, and that she wanted me there instead!

I think I will go visit them a lot- probably every weekend. Aidana and I both feel pretty lonely and out-of-place at our universities, and being together again is so great.

No comments: