13 August 2011

Ramadan: Day Two (?!)

On Friday night, my friend and I broke the fast and feasted at the mosque. An important element of Ramadan, however, is to invite close friends to do the same in one's own home. My friend is hosting tomorrow night, and she invited me to celebrate with her again.

So, as I did yesterday, I woke up at 5:00 a.m. today for some oatmeal and then went back to sleep. I will continue fasting today and go to my friend's apartment this evening. She has invited her fiance and two or three other friends - one other besides myself is not a Muslim. I'm going to be bringing dessert, and I'm going to make mocha truffle brownies with caramel sauce. All I can think of is: How am I going to bake those without tasting them and licking the bowl? Haha :)

Actually, a second thought I'm having is: I'm going to get so much done today because I won't be spending time cooking and eating! To do list: Laundry, cleaning, reading...

No comments: