08 July 2010

The Art of Tea



Tea is an art, as I learned today at Celestial Seasonings in northeastern Boulder, Colorado. Not only are the tea ingredients imported fresh from around the world – cinnamon from Vietnam, lemongrass from Thailand, and green tea from China – the process of combining them into Celestial Seasonings’ distinct blends is a finely-tuned craft. The herbs and spices are cleaned, cut, sifted, and packaged into the signature string-less and tag-less tea bags.

While the art of this process is impressive in itself, the outer packaging features artwork related to the flavor of tea. Bengal Spice, for example, has a lounging tiger on the box.

The tea house is also lavishly decorated with artwork. One of my favorite pieces is a gown made entirely from Celestial Seasonings’ tea packages. I think my new red Hanalei Crocs would be perfect with this outfit! What do you think?


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love, love, LOVE this post! Did you do that video - awesome, especially on such short notice. Plus, I <3 Celestial Seasonings. Maybe I'll make some right now.

Christina said...

Way cool! I am quite jeolous of you and your fun adventures. :)

Christina said...

P.S. I loved how you fulfilled the assignment of choosing a pair of shoes without it sounding forced or out of place... Very smoothly done, you experienced journalist! :D

Unknown said...

Thank you both :)
The video was pretty quick to do on Windows Movie Maker. And I just used my regular camera that I use for photos. Way easy!