10 July 2010

Boulder Dushanbe Tea House


On Friday morning, the last day in Boulder for us Crocs Ambassadors, we had breakfast at the Boulder Dushanbe Tea House. Don’t worry if you didn't know that Dushanbe is the capital of Tajikistan. (See what I did there?) It's Boulder's "sister city" and, apparently, the materials used to construct the building were shipped from Tajikistan specially to make the tea house. Entering the building really was like stepping right into Central Asian culture. Personally, it brought back memories from China - from the similarities in most Asian art and architecture, but also from my encounters with Tajik exchange students.

Kat, Jon with chai tea, Shelly from Crocs, Nina, and Lorraine at breakfast

I have never been crazy about chai tea, but I knew it would prepared just right here, and I was not disappointed!

1 comment:

Christina said...

Way cool!!! I love the first picture you took of the restaurant. The lighting makes it look extra beautiful.