12 June 2008

Chinese Pop and Children's Books

My classes have been pretty lame lately, and I'm so thankful that I only have about three weeks or so left. I love learning Chinese, but my classes just aren't helping too much.

So instead of studying for class, I studying on my own.

I just got some Chinese pop music. It's not good music, but the songs are catchy and I hear the same ones everywhere I go. I've learned a lot of new words and characters, as well as grammar.

I also bought a children's book with short narratives and descriptive pieces and it's been really fun to read. Even though the stories are written by and for Chinese, I relate to them. It makes me remember my childhood and is a reminder that no matter from what country or culture a person is from, people love, need, and want the same things.

No comments: