27 March 2008

Just a Thought...

Thanks for reading my blog! I'm glad that you're interested in what it's like for me in China. And it means a lot to me that you care about how I'm doing.

But honestly, I'm not sure how I feel about blogging.

It's a good way to share my experiences. The journalist in me tries to write objectively about what it's like in China. Some of my blog entries are more personal, though, and those are the ones I feel especially weird about posting.

I think of myself as an open person. Say anything to me, and I probably won't get offended. Ask me anything, and I'll answer. Everyone here is curious about Americans and life in the states, so I get asked very personal questions on a daily basis. I'm glad to answer and elaborate on the subject, even.

But volunteering personal information on a blog is a different story. I'm learning to be transparent, but it's weird to know that all of you are reading about my life and learning about me.

Like the title of this post, it's just a thought.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry Caiti, Only friends, family, and nosy neighbors are reading this. On my web site I just try to think like I am telling the story to people I know but not well.